Gaining the Correct Perspective on Life
I. Seeing life in perspective (vv. 1a, 3b)
A. Its origin --- "from God"
B. Its destiny --- "to God"
C. Its temporality --- "the time had come for Him to leave this world" (Ps. 90:10-11, John 9:4)
II. The difference made by one's perspective on life
A. Wrong perspectives
1. Agnosticism, leading to meaninglessness and despair
2. Naturalism, leading to egocentric ethical hedonism
3. Humanism, lacking motivation and hope
B. The true perspective
1. Showing love and forgiveness in personal relationships vv. 1b, 4-5, 10b-14, Mt. 5:44)
2. Serving God as His messenger (vv. 15-17; cf. Jn. 17:14, 17-18)
a. The mission: To advance the Kingdom by making and building disciples
b. The means: Loving kindness